Gerls Rock Tour Summer 2010 - We Have a Winner!

Janez Brajkovič - 2009 Tour of California. As ...Image via Wikipedia Brajkovič - 2009 Tour of California. As ..." style="font-size: 0.8em; border: medium none;" width="300" height="201">


By now many of you know about my special education law summer 2010 speaking tour. I have been struggling with a name for the tour. A number of you have had some interesting suggestions. Thanks for all the ideas. One reader had a great suggestion: Gerls Rock Tour.

The suggested name encompasses several layers of meaning. One is the Disney based Girlz Rock. I wasn't aware of it, but you can read about it here. In addition it is meant to be a general shout out to those of the female persuasion, as the suggesting reader called them.

I like it. What do you think?

Here is the remaining portion of the tour itinerary:

From August 30 - September 1, 2010, I will be at the Arizona Special Education Directors Institute in Litchfield Park, Arizona. I will do three presentations on the role of the non-attorney advocate in IEP team meetings and due process hearings. You can follow the links to register here.

I will for the sixth straight year be a part of the faculty at the National Association of Hearing Officials Annual Conference from September 26 - 29, 2010 in Music City, Nashville, Tennessee. I will be presenting on the prehearing process and on ruling on objections. The registration link trail begins here.

Disclaimer time (I am still a lawyer): None of the state agencies or private organizations mentioned above in any way endorse this blog or any statements made by me or readers and commenters. For purposes of things said here, I do not represent any organization or person. My statements are my own and only represent my own opinion.

Any way, please find me at these conferences and say hello. I always enjoy talking to those who read this blog.